Monday, June 29, 2009

Did Will.I.Am Assult Perez Hilton?


Was Will.I.Am serving up boom boom pows off the stage last night? That’s what Perez Hilton claims. The gossip blogger is accusing the Black Eyed Peas front man of physically assaulting him at yesterday’s MuchMusic Awards in Toronto.
During the night, Twitter lit up when Perez Hilton tweeted:
“I was assaulted by Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas and his security guards. I am bleeding. Please, I need to file a police report. No joke.”
Will.I.Am quickly shot back with a video of his side of the story maintaining that he never put his hands on the blogger, he simply asked him to stop disrespecting Fergie and the group on the blog:
“I was the one that came to him with respect, and he was the one who called me a f—– outside the club.” He also criticized the blogger for seemingly running to talk about the spat on Twitter before calling the police. “Sounds like somebody wants mad attention and is not really concerned about his health … Shame on you, shame on your behavior.”
That would be enough exchange in and of itself, but the two are continuing the beef today. This morning Perez shot back with his own video on his website and in an emotional tear-staind tirade he said:
“Will.i.am made a video and he lied! Will.i.am is a coward and a disgusting human being for lying. I’m making this video because I wanted to make it clear that I would never make up something like this…I have 10million plus people that visit my website every day. I don’t need press, I don’t need publicity, I don’t need or want this. I didn’t ask for this. I didn’t deserve this. I like writing about other people’s drama. I don’t want drama in my own life.”
(Although curiously, later in the video he names Black Eyed Peas manager Polo Molina as the person who actually hit him. TMZ also reports that Molina turned himself into the police for the scuffle, and if all that’s the case I ask, why is Perez calling out Will.I.Am?).
Today Will.I.Am jumped on the Twitter bandwagon himself, creating a new account to continue to defend himeself.
All this back and forth is making my heads spin! These celebrity “beef” situations are getting ridiculous! Can’t we all just get along?
Watch the videos and draw your own conclusions on what really happened and whether or not Perez is looking for (more) media attention, etc. I still find it hard to believe that Will.I.Am got gangsta, but remind me not to say anything bad about the Black Eyed Peas or Fergie just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment