Friday, August 21, 2009

Omarion Addresses Young Money Reports; Denies Leaking Lil Wayne Song

R&B singer Omarion has addressed reports of his being dropped from Lil Wayne’s Young Money imprint, just months after signing with the burgeoning label.

Reports hit the Internet hinting that Omarion was dropped from the label for leaking the song “I Get It In” featuring the singer and Lil Wayne.

“I have a lot of respect and admiration for the genius of Lil ‘Wayne and the entire Young Money family,” Omarion told AllHipHop.com in a statement.

Omarion shot down reports that he was dropped from the label and stated that he requested to be let out of his contract with Young Money.

“I asked to be released from the label to pursue other opportunities that were recently presented to me. Because of our relationship, Lil’ Wayne had no issue with us ending our business relationship and released me from the label,” Omarion stated. “Lil’ Wayne and I have nothing but love for each other, there is no Beef.”

Omarion also denied leaking “I Get It In” on the Internet, countering a statement released by Young Money artist Mack Maine, implying that Omarion himself was responsible for the song hitting the Internet without authorization.

“I also wanted to make it clear that my company nor did I, leak the song, “I Get It In” and I want to dispel any rumors that have surfaced. I appreciate my relationship with Young Money/ Cash Money and look forward to doing business in the future.”

In the coming weeks, Omarion will make a major announcement regarding his new career path, as well his upcoming album Ollusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment