Sunday, July 26, 2009

Drake Not On Jay-Z’s First Single

Jay-Z shocked the world with his new single, but was it a surprise to Drake when he didn’t hear himself on the highly-anticipated track?

There had been reports that the Canadian MC was to be featured on “Off That,” the follow-up to “D.O.A.,” from Jigga’s Blueprint 3. Instead, he released “Run This Town” featuring Kanye West and Rihanna.

“I don’t know who came up with that rumor to be honest, but I always knew what Jay’s first single was going to be,” the “Best I Ever Had” rapper told the BoomBox. “Me and Jay did a lot of work together. Maybe at one point he was considering doing it and someone got over-excited and put out a press release that I was going to be on the first single.”

Jay-Z also weighed in on the absence of Drake. “It’s very difficult to know what’s going to be my next single,” he explained to DJ Semtex. “I really just played a couple potential records and everybody ran with it. But I’m still making records.”

So what did Drake think of Hov’s new single? “I think Jay made a great choice,” he said. “I think the ‘Run This Town’ song is phenomenal. I think Kanye kills that shit. I actually heard that song when it was a Rihanna track.”

As of right now, Drake is scheduled to appear on The Blueprint 3, along with Kid Cudi, Mr Hudson, and MGMT.

No comments:

Post a Comment